Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I vow


I vow next time I will introduce myself. If we are going to do this dance every month you might as well know my name. Every time I walk into the pharmacy to pick up my hormones, the same 3 people are working. I have been on hormones for over two months now, and each time I get my prescription filled I have this exchange,

"Have you been told the effect of estradiol before?"

Yes ma'm I have been told the risks and effects. I come here almost 2x a month, I've been asked this question a few times by now. It's okay, I know growing boobs is dangerous work. She handed me my prescription today, like every other time she does,

"Here you go sir" but with a corrective "oh, I guess I shouldn't call you that."

Next time, I vow, and as god is my witness, to answer with my sweetest southern belle impression, a "you can call me Addison" ending with the sly-est of smiles. Maybe even a wink. Would a curtsy be too much? Or just the cherry on top? I vow not to let the system get me down. After-all, if we are going to do this dance every month you might as well know my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment